At MBT Bank we pride ourselves in bringing you the latest in banking technology. Your MBT Bank debit card is available for use in the following digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
What is a digital wallet?
A mobile payment service that allows users to make payments using a cell phone.
What are the benefits?
- When a debit card is enrolled, a unique token is assigned to the card. This token number is then sent across merchant networks.
- Your actual card number is never shared or stored with merchants.
- Transaction are more secure and reduces fraud.
How to use Digital Wallets
At a Merchant:
1. Open or download your device's wallet app
2. Add your MBT Bank debit card to the digital wallet
3. Look for the contactless payment icon at merchants
4. Place your phone near the payment terminal and authorize payment
Online or Apps
Many online retailers and apps accept Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay. When checking out, simply select which digital wallet you'd like to use.
*Sending payments to other people may not work with some Android devices. MBT Bank customers can send money to other people through iPay in online banking.
Commonly Asked Questions
Are digital wallets safe?
Absolutely - because your actual card number is never shared or exposed.
Which MBT Bank debit cards can enroll?
Personal & business debit cards can enroll in Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. HSA and ATM cards can not be enrolled.
What happens if I lose my debit card?
Delete the token from your phone. When you receive you new card, you will need to reenroll it on your phone.
Can a debit card be used on more than one phone?
If I change phones, do I need to re-enroll?
Yes - the token is not stored in any cloud device.
What happens if the card's expiration or security code changes?
The token will be deactivated and the cardholder will need to go through the enrollment process to re-enroll.
If you have any questions regarding digital wallets, please give us a call at 1-800-872-5630.