POSITION TITLE: Retail Banker
DEPARTMENT: All locations
LOCATION: Rochester, MN
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager
DATE: June 30, 2021
POSITION CLOSES: Open Until Fulfilled
Manages deposit customers basic banking needs by providing teller services, answering the telephone, answering customer inquiries, and other banking services as needed. Responds to customer questions with appropriate information, problem solving and cross-selling. Performs clerical and other duties as assigned. Performs routine duties with minimal supervision. This position will also support selling additional products to customers and prospects and supporting the overall sales efforts of the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides retail banking customer service by performing filing duties, recording and dating correspondence as required, opening and in-putting of new account information, maintenance on database with accuracy and speed, and maintains ATM/Debit card program.
- Provides accurate knowledge of both state and federal regulations on deposit laws and MBT policies to maintain customer accounts, change existing accounts and other services with current software program for customer needs.
- Provides high quality customer service by greeting customers, using customer names, asking appropriate questions to determine needs of customers. Communicates effectively with other staff in all offices to further enhance compliance, policies, and teamwork on a timely basis. Support customers with maintenance questions concerning their accounts. This will include address changes, check orders, and other basic requests.
- Provides teamwork and support in all areas by assisting other customers and employees that are not within your normal job duties. Builds customer relationships by assisting in non-essential duties involving community functions, fairs, parades, and other bank activities as required.
- Provides additional financial services to customers by responding to customer questions with referrals to MBT Investment Department, MBT Insurance Department, Loan Department, and other banking departments. Must understand the role of sales and customer service in a community bank environment. Must be able to discover customer needs and be able to obtain new customer accounts.
- Provides information by promptly answering telephone, directing telephone inquiries and lobby customers to proper personnel, and answering basic customer inquiries. Transfers more complex inquiries to proper personnel.
This position requires no supervision of others.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. One or more years of experience in customer service or banking preferred.
Communicates professionally, both orally and written. Ability to identify customer needs.
High School Basic Math. Ability to comprehend simple mathematical calculations such as adding, subtraction, division, calculation of interest and any other skills as needed.
Proficiency in the use of computer keyboarding, 10 key adding machine, copy machine, and fax machine, with the ability to type 40 wpm with accuracy and speed. Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Ability to use common sense and logic for problem solving. Listening skills for customer referrals. Ability to learn basic compliance. Referring customer issues to Retail Banker Specialist's, Senior Retail Banking Specialist's, or their supervisor.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work.
- Knows and uses proper business etiquette.
- Contributes to a team atmosphere, gets along well with supervisor and peers.
- Shows professional appearance and presentation.
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customer & employee information.
- Completes all duties in a neat, orderly, and timely manner.
- Active in business and community affairs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires employee to sit at desk with periods of walking or standing. Ability to go up and down stairs. Filing at ground level and eye level. Must be able to receive customer and staff requests and assignments through verbal and written communication. Working with a computer is important, so clear vision of the screen is imperative. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Filing at ground and eye level. Must have the dexterity to count money.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May have distractions from other people’s conversations. Maintains productivity standards, composure, accuracy, and a positive attitude during stressful periods, during high volume periods, minimal staffing periods, and during procedural changes.
Application and resume can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
PO BOX 450
Forest City, IA 50436
MBT Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.