Position Title: Loan Processor
Department: Loan Support
Location: Lake Mills
Reports to: VP Loan Support Services or Branch Supervisor of Loan Support
Position Closes: Until Fulfilled
Manages loan customers banking needs by assisting with loan transactions, loan documentation, and responding to customer inquiries with appropriate information, problem solving and cross selling. Provides internal customer service by assisting other Loan Department staff. Performs duties independently with limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides high quality customer service by greeting customers, using customer names, asking appropriate questions to determine needs of customers, and responding to customer inquiries and scheduling appointments. Provides information by promptly answering the telephone, directing telephone inquiries and lobby customers to proper personnel and answering basic customer inquiries. Transfers more complex inquiries to proper personnel. Communicates effectively with other staff in all offices to further enhance compliance, policies, and teamwork on a timely basis.
- Maintains accurate customer account information by filing/imaging documentation, composing correspondence and/or loan documents, inputs new account information and maintenance on data base with accuracy and speed, and maintains appropriate teller records. Work with originating, researching, and clearing all appropriate ticklers on the respective lender’s tickler reports. Provides retail banking customer service by following standard bank procedures by recording savings and checking deposits, loan payments, processes account withdrawals, and mail deposits.
- Ensures accuracy of bank records by maintaining the knowledge of both state and federal bank regulations and MBT policies for the purpose of documentation, account information and other services with the current software program for customer and internal customer needs.
- Supports the effective lending operation by performing the opening and closing procedures, obtains and distributes incoming/outgoing mail correspondence, and assists with inquiries on loan information. Provides analytical and technical monitoring loan documentation for the Loan Officers and other staff members. Handles interruptions with ease while still maintaining focus and accuracy. Manages several assignments simultaneously, completes independently and meets deadlines accordingly. Able to work extra time, when required to meet deadlines.
- Provides teamwork and support in all areas by assisting customers and employees that are not within your normal job duties. Communicates effectively with co-workers and supervisor to divide daily workload, resolves issues and make procedure adjustments as needed. Ability to work within a “team environment” in a cooperative manner. Communicates with co-workers and supervisor information required for maintaining consistency throughout the area. Remains flexible for unexpected changes in daily workload and timing. Builds customer relationships by assisting in non-essential duties involving Gold Club functions, fairs, parades and other bank activities as required.
- Provides additional financial services to customers by responding to customer questions with referrals to MBT Investment Center, Insurance Department, Personal Bankers, and other banking departments.
This position requires no supervision of others.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Two or more years of banking experience and/or working knowledge of business office or bank functions.
Possesses excellent oral and written abilities to professionally communicate with customers and other staff members. Ability to identify customer needs.
High School Basic Math. Ability to comprehend simple mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and calculations of interest and any other skills as needed. Knows and understands general accounting procedures such as debits and credits.
Proficiency in the use of basic office equipment, including, but not limited to: Copier, Printer, Fax Machine, Telephone, 10-key Calculator, Typewriter, PC Computer with mouse. Ability to type accurately at a moderate rate of speed. Knowledge and usage of a word processing program.
Ability to use common sense and logic for problem solving. Listening skills for customer referrals. Ability to learn basic compliance. Uses good judgment and skills to resolve customer problems or needs. Ability to work simultaneously on several tasks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work
- Covers area according to break/lunch hour schedule
- Knows and uses proper business etiquette
- Contributes to a team atmosphere, gets along well with supervisor and peers
- Shows professional appearance and presentation
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of all customer & employee information
- Completes all duties in a neat, orderly, and timely manner
- Consistently uses Time Clock to clock in/out for time sheets
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to receive customer and staff requests and assignments through verbal and written communication. Requires employee to view computer screen for long periods of time. Standing and sitting for lengthy periods may be required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Filing at ground and eye level.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above link is a fillable PDF form. Once completed, you can save the form electronically to send in an email or print the form to mail your application.
Application and resume can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
PO BOX 450
Forest City, IA 50436
MBT Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.