Licensed Insurance Agent
Position Title: Licensed Agent
Department: Insurance Department
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Reports to: Director of Insurance Services
Position Closes: 3/6/2020
Supports the Insurance Department with administrative, technological, compliance, sales and licensing requirements. Provides positive attitude towards a pro-active sales culture to enhance and grow a profitable customer base. Provides customer service by responding to customer inquiries with appropriate information. Performs clerical and other duties as assigned. Performs routine duties with supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides information by promptly answering telephone, directing telephone inquiries and customers to proper personnel and answering basic customer inquiries. Transfers more complex inquiries to proper personnel.
- Manages customer accounts including sales and service, renewals, billings, and maintenance on the Agency database with accuracy and speed.
- Provides high quality customer service by greeting customers, using customer names, asking appropriate questions, having appropriate product knowledge to determine needs, goals, and suitability requirements of customers. Communicates effectively with other staff in all offices to further enhance compliance, policies, and teamwork on a timely basis.
- Performs filing duties, recording and dating correspondence as required. Maintains current inventory and ordering of supplies on a timely basis.
- Provides additional financial services to customers by responding to customer questions with referrals to Investment Center, Loan Department, and other retail banking departments.
- Provides teamwork and support in other areas by assisting other customers and employees that are not within your normal job duties. Builds customer relationships by assisting in non-essential duties involving Gold Club functions, fairs, parades and other bank activities as required.
- Provides accurate knowledge of state regulations pertaining to insurance licensing requirements and MBT policies pertaining to written materials, advertising, and any correspondence internal or external.
This position requires no supervision of others.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Two or more years of working knowledge of business or insurance office skills.
Communicates professionally, both orally and written. Identifies customer needs through effective listening and communicates referrals of products and services.
High School Basic Math. Ability to comprehend simple mathematical calculations such as adding, subtraction, division, calculation of interest and any other skills as needed.
Proficiency in the use of: computer keyboarding, 10 key adding machine, copy machine, fax machine, ability to type 40 wpm with accuracy and speed. Knowledge of Internet services and Windows 98.
Ability to use common sense and logic for problem solving. Listening skills for customer referrals. Knows and understands basic compliance. Uses good judgment and skills to resolve customer problems or needs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Property and Casualty Personal Lines license required within 6 months of hiring.
Commercial Lines license within 1 year.
Other licenses will be considered.
After licensing, must have ability to develop knowledge of Personal and Commercial Line Products, build customer relationships through customer contacts, gathering of customer information for quoting purposes, learn quoting process, present quote to customer, and process required applications after close of sale.
Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work
Covers area according to break/lunch hour schedule
Knows and uses proper business etiquette
Contributes to a team atmosphere, gets along well with supervisor and peers
Shows professional appearance and presentation
Adheres to all policies, guidelines, and procedures
Maintains confidentiality of all customer & employee information
Completes all duties in a neat, orderly, and timely manner
Consistently uses ADP software vacations/absences
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires employee to sit at desk with periods of walking or standing. Ability to go up and down stairs. Filing at ground level and eye level. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires employee to view computer screen for long periods of time.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May have distractions from other people’s conversations. Maintains productivity standards, composure, accuracy, and a positive attitude during stressful periods, during high volume periods, minimal staffing periods, and procedural changes.
(Opens in a new Window)