Deposit Services Representative
Position Title: Deposit Services Representative
Department: Deposit Services
Location: Forest City, IA
Reports to: Director of Deposit Services
Position Closes: 3/6/2020
Assist with meeting the needs of our deposit customers by providing competent and courteous service at the drive-up, in the teller line, and through phones inquiries. Performs a variety of daily tasks with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides high quality customer service at the drive-up and in the front teller line by greeting customers, using customer name, asking appropriate questions to determine needs of the customer transacting business and completing an accurate transaction by following standard banking procedures in processing checking and savings withdrawals/deposits, loan payments, and relays information/mail received at drive-in to the appropriate person. Demonstrates accuracy by maintaining appropriate teller records. Balances assigned cash drawer quickly and accurately with a minimum number of long/short days – reviews drawer balancing when requested. Balancing time should not exceed 15 minutes.
- Provides information by promptly answering telephone, directing customers to proper personnel and answering basic customer inquires. Assist customers with basic inquiries including but not limited to: account balances, transaction history, transfers, unlocking and resetting online banking, activating debit cards, and raising debit card limits. Communicates effectively with other staff in all offices to further enhance compliance, policies, and teamwork on a timely basis.
- Supports the effective Deposit Services operation by performing the opening/closing procedures, performing required daily tasks to maintain accurate bank and customer records, obtains, prints and distributes incoming/outgoing department work, and runs Transport. Performs other duties as assigned. Meets deadlines accordingly.
- Provides teamwork and support in all areas by assisting other customers and employees that are not within your normal job duties. Helps cover other departments and offices as needed. Builds customer relationships by assisting in non-essential duties by involvement in one Gold Club social, or parade and other bank activities as required.
- Provides accurate knowledge of both State and Federal regulations on deposit laws and MBT policies to open new accounts, change existing accounts and other services with current software program for customer needs. Checks deposit maintenance with accuracy in a timely manner. Works with Supervisor on issues needing to be addressed. Optimizes customer satisfaction by having knowledge of checking/savings products, services and explains technical information regarding accounts and services in terms understandable to customer with minimal Supervisor help.
- Provides additional financial services to customers by responding to customer questions by referrals to MBT Investment Department, Insurance Department, Loan Department, and other banking departments.
This position requires no supervision of others.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing. Ability to identify customer needs.
High School Basic Math. Ability to comprehend simple mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, division, calculation of interest and any other skills as needed.
Proficiency in the use of: computer and mouse, 10 key adding machine, copy machine, fax machine, encoding machine, telephone, postage machine, and Shazam Access. Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to use common sense and logic for problem solving. Listening skills for customer referrals. Ability to learn basic compliance. Refers more complex customer issues to Deposit Service Specialist, Sr. Deposit Service Specialist, or Supervisor.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work
Covers area according to break/lunch hour schedule
Knows and uses proper business etiquette
Contributes to a team atmosphere, gets along well with supervisor and peers
Shows professional appearance and presentation
Adheres to all policies, guidelines, and procedures
Maintains confidentiality of all customer & employee information
Completes all duties in a neat, orderly, and timely manner
Consistently uses Time Clock to clock in/out for time sheets
Accepts flexible work schedules
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stands and/or sits for long periods of time. Ability to go up and down stairs. Filing at ground level & eye level. Requires employee to view computer screen for long periods of time. Daily trips outside for balancing/servicing of ATM machine. Ability to exchange banking transactions with other financial institutions by either walking or driving for the transaction. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works under increased noise levels in proof room and at the drive-in window. Flexibility to use another workstation when a project is being completed on an assigned computer. Maintains productivity standards, composure, accuracy, and a positive attitude during stressful periods, during high volume periods, during minimal staffing periods, and procedural changes.
MBT Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.